Bioengineering Day serves to celebrate UC San Diego's consistently top ranked bioengineering department, the current research by students, and the overall burgeoning field itself. The day-long event features various speakers, senior design project presentations, research seminars, and networking sessions. It is attended by well over 400 people each year, and is a great opportunity for undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, and members from industry to form valuable connections with one another.
This year, we have chosen the theme of diversity because we think that it is important to analyze the state of diversity in the field of bioengineering, and to create real solutions for actions we can take in the future to improve diversity across the field. We also believe that bioengineering has what it takes to lead the change with its interdisciplinary approach to engineering and medicine. At the end of Bioengineering Day each year, the final two rounds of UCSD’s Bioengineering Quiz Bowl take place. First the top two undergraduate teams go head-to-head for a prize, then the winning team has the opportunity to compete against a team of graduate students for another prize. Teams are composed of four undergraduate or graduate students. At least one member of each team must be a student enrolled in one of the four majors under the Bioengineering Department. If you are interested in registering a team to compete in Quiz Bowl 2017, click here.
This year's event will be held in the Telemedicine Building in the School of Medicine.
- From I-5 North/South, exit onto La Jolla Village Drive West
- Turn right onto Villa La Jolla Drive
- Up the hill about 0.3 miles (stay in left lane as the right lane must turn)
- Go past the first light (the VA center is on your right)
- At the next light, drive straight into the Gilman Parking Structure or Parking lot P602.
- Walk through parking lot and lawn to the Telemedicine building.