Translational medicine is the conversion of scientific discovery into health improvement, bringing the "bench to bedside" by innovating new cures, integrating these techniques into practice, and inspiring future doctors and scientists to always work towards patient centered clinical applications.
Translational Medicine Day (TMD) will bridge the discussions occurring in San Diego’s vibrant and expansive research community with the future of cutting edge healthcare. TMD will gather students, professors, and industry together to enhance the heart of this discussion. The event will host speakers, panels, medical device demonstrations, and industry device demonstrations that seek to demonstrate the potential of translational research in medicine and also provide students a look into opportunities to contribute to the field in the future.
This year's event will be held in the Telemedicine Building in the School of Medicine. (directions/Google Maps)
- From I-5 North/South, exit onto La Jolla Village Drive West
- Turn right onto Villa La Jolla Drive
- Up the hill about 0.3 miles (stay in left lane as the right lane must turn)
- Go past the first light (the VA center is on your right)
- At the next light, drive straight into the Gilman Parking Structure or Parking lot P602.
- Walk through parking lot and lawn to the Telemedicine building.